Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Dear Baby…



Dear Baby,

I can't believe how quickly time is passing and that in just a little over 3 months we'll get to meet you! 

You've spent the last 24 weeks hanging out in my belly. For a long time you were still so small that I would sometimes forget that you were in there, growing and developing. I would get a little worried that I didn't feel you bouncing around, but when we went to the doctor and saw pictures of you moving, stretching, and kicking inside me, it made me so happy! 

That was the same day that we found out you were a boy. I wasn't sure who you were in there, but Daddy was pretty certain from the beginning that you were a boy. He was so excited to hear the news (he got teary-eyed with we saw your pictures, but shh…don't tell him I told you that!). I just know he has big plans for all the fun things you guys will do together. 

These days, I feel you moving all the time now. It's so fun to know you're doing flips and punches in there, all while safe and sound in my belly. It kind of feels like little bubbles popping in my tummy, or like I swallowed a little goldfish that's swimming around in there. Your kicks and movements aren't quite strong enough yet to feel from the outside, but I can't wait until the day that Daddy can put his hand on my tummy and feel you moving too! I think he'll think it's really cool. 

We're just now starting to get things ready for your arrival. We're brainstorming all the fun activities we'll do together, making a wish list of the toys and gear we think you'll like, and trying to plan what your bedroom will look like. We're also trying to come up with the perfect name for you. It's a little overwhelming to think about everything that needs to be done, but we are lucky that we get to have lots of friends and family that are happy to help us get ready. They are so excited to meet you too! Brace yourself, there's a lot of them!

In the meantime, I promise to try to continue to take good care of you in there. We go for walks a lot now that the weather's nice, and I've been eating extra healthy food to help you grow big and strong. We also take lots of snoozes together, which I know we're both a big fan of, but I can't wait to snuggle with you in person when you arrive!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment