I plan to make this an ongoing series here on the blog filled with awesome Pinterest finds of some of my favorite kids' rooms and nurseries (yay!) so be sure to check back for all of the fun.
Up first... we've gotta get some paint on these walls! From solid traditional colors, to funky and modern patterns, the walls set the tone for the entire feel of the room.
Here are some of my faves:
1. Soft Gray with Pops of Color
Ugh! I'm OBSESSED with this room from The B-Line! It's totally gender-neutral while remaining bright, vibrant, and festive enough for any kiddo. There's a fabulous mix of colors and textures, and the bright yellow valances offer a cheerful detail without being overwhelming. Love.2. Soothing, Harmonious Blue
Seriously, how relaxing is the soft blueish color of these walls?! Kelli from Purple Tree Photography chose Sherwin-Williams' Zero VOC paint in "Harmony" and it's clear why those paint-namers picked that moniker. Even with the pops of bright, saturated orange, the softness of the blue sets a calming tone over the whole room which is so lovely.3. Not Afraid of the Dark
I've never been one to shy away from bold color. From a Mountain Dew-green living room in my old apartment, to a dark, almost-black Navy bedroom in our current house, I'm willing to try anything once. However, I do know that going to the dark side can be pretty daunting. It's also not something you might immediately think of when you think of a baby's room. Well, Maeve Rosalind's deep, charcoal gray nursery (featured on Apartment Therapy) proves that dark can still be playful.4. Half and Half Walls
First, let me start by saying that I absolutely love everything about Hillary Barney's house. Literally, everything! It's all so comfortable, and eclectic, and fun and charming! You can find the whole tour over at the Design Mom Blog. Now, when it comes to her little one's room, I'm totally loving the half painted plum-colored walls. Not only does the bright white on top make the room appear more open and spacious, but the dark color at the bottom seems to highlight the smaller, kiddo-sized furniture and decor making it truly a space for the child. So clever!5. Feminine Floral
Well hellooo, girly girl! If you are leaning toward a gender-neutral room, this option is definitely not for you. However, if you are game for unabashedly embracing all the girliness that comes with having a daughter, then the floral-patterned wall of Hannah's nursery (featured on Apartment Therapy) packs quite a gorgeous, feminine punch! She didn't overdo it by drowning the whole room in florals; that one, fabulous wall makes a gorgeous statement while being perfectly balanced by the solid pink walls of the rest of the room. Bravo!6. Now I know my ABC's
As soon as people found out I was pregnant, and especially after they found out we would be having a boy, the question that seemed to come up the most was "What is your nursery theme going to be?"Animals, nautical, sports, dinosaurs.... there are so many adorable possibilities! However, the thing that kept popping into my head over and over was "I want it to look like a preschool classroom!" Not necessarily a super bright rainbow of colors or anything like that, I just knew I wanted most things in the room to have a function. I wanted the environment to be cheerful and interactive, with a focus on learning as opposed to being full of cute things, simply for the sake of being cute.
So, what better place to start than with the alphabet!? The colorful, jumbo-sized letters are very kid-friendly while the Helvetica typeface keeps it looking modern and chic. Angela and Rich, featured on Apartment Therapy) did a great job!
No comments:
Post a Comment