I'm a big fan of the Wunderlist app, so I've been compiling a list of things I'd like to have done before Baby gets here and keeping the list on my phone. However, I thought I'd add them here as well as both a glimpse into what we're working on around here, as well as a way to hold me accountable and actually get them done. I plan to keep this list dynamic, so I will be adding to and checking off as we go.
Our Pre-Baby Checklist
Sign up for a birthing classOrdered the Hypnobabies home study course. May take an additional in-person class as well, but will figure out if we need it once we dive into the HB Home CourseSign up for a breastfeeding classTook one online, looking forward to in-person instruction once baby arrivesCreate a baby registryStarted one using BabylistCreate a birth planCreated with some help from our doula!Find a pediatricianWash all baby clothes, toys, and hand-me-downsThanks, Mom!Prep and freeze meals to eat the first few weeks that baby is hereMade and froze vegetable soup, chili, baked penne, and creamy chicken casseroleCall insurance company about breast pump optionsHave it narrowed down to two options. Will decide which we like best after our breastfeeding courseResearch, buy, and install carseatCreate hospital "go bags"Husband was in charge of this, being prepared is his specialty!- Arrange dog care while we're at the hospital
Husband, schedule "paternity leave" with work- Find great baby-related apps
Give parents our garage code for access while we are at hospital- Create a list of meals and tasks that family and friends can reference when they offer to pitch in
Give house and car a good deep-cleaningCar needed it like "whoa!"Collect stamps and stationery for quick thank-you note writingCreated my own thank-you cards and stocked up on stampsStockpile home essentials (toilet paper, detergent, etc.)Spent a pretty penny at Sam's Club but feel pretty set for at least a whileLook into various store loyalty and savings programs (Target Red Card? Amazon Mom? etc.)signed up for both!Create self-care baskets for post-delivery and place in bathroomsHusband to get TDAPOrder breast pump through insuranceTake hospital tourPre-pay delivery bill
Do you have any advice or recommendations for any of the above item? Anything you suggest we add to our list? Leave them in the comments!

No comments:
Post a Comment